Tuesday, July 27, 2010

New Tunes and Fartleks

Went to trivia last night and had a really good time.  We could have won it all, but made a few tactical errors that left us out of the money... oh well, next week.  The big excitement is new A7X, Soilwork, and 36 Crazyfists.  I have listened to most of the new Avenged and I like it.  It does focus a lot on death and loss - a good bit of anger and some on moving on.  I can hear Mike Portnoy's influence on the drum tracks.  He is a nice addition and it would be interesting if he stayed on.  36 Crazyfists, in addition to having the best band name ever, seems to have a very solid album.  They scream more than most bands I like, but it's good to have that extra layer of intensity some days.  Having gotten to Soilwork yet... later today.

The run went very well today and my foot feels back to normal.  Good news for sure!  I was a little worried about it and the potential to get off track to let it heal.  Full steam ahead!  Ran without my runmeter today so I could listen to the new music on my iPod.  I'll transfer it over tonight so I can monitor my times better.  

No comments:

Post a Comment