Friday, July 23, 2010

Fartlek

Today I had a 5 mile run that included fartleks.  Don't you just love that word?  Hurray for middle school humor.  Seven reps of 1 minute at 5K pace with a 2 minute easy run recovery.  I was so pleased to find this completely doable.  It made the run go by a lot faster mentally and physically.  I finished 1:13 ahead of my best 5 mile pace.

I have switched away from audio books for a little while.  I do enjoy them, but felt I needed to kick up the intensity of my runs and nothing helps that happen more than a little metal!

Tomorrow I will be doing the Gomer's "How's It Going? Group run"  virtually.  Just means that I will run at 8:30 - which I will probably start earlier since I'm running 4 miles instead of their 5K.  The Gomers have been a real inspiration to go for this marathon.  One of those times when you think, if they can do it - I can do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment