Sunday, August 1, 2010

Met the goal and ran Illinois.

Thank you to everyone who has given to my fundraising goal! I have just passed my original goal and I would love to hit $1000.

In running news, we have been in Springfield, Il for the weekend and I got in some vacation running. Yesterday and today I ran on the inter urban trail, a biking and running path through the country and into Springfield. It is a beauty of a run. No traffic and no noise and a bridge over a small bay of Lake Springfield. It was also humid! I left to run super early to beat the heat and was very glad I did.

4 miles on Saturday was uneventful except that I felt great - low altitude seems to help! 10 miles today had two events of note. First was a deer and a baby doe. They crossed the path not more than 15 feet in front of me. The doe stopped just a few feet in front of me to check me out. I stopped on the path hoping to get a picture, but they ran into the bushes across the path. The other event from the run had to do with band-aids. Or rather the lack of band-aids. At mile 3, my band-aids had fallen off and I thought I might be in trouble. But I didn't feel any friction or pain on my chest. I went on with the run and didn't think about it again until I looked down at mile 9 and saw the red on my white shirt. Now I'm sitting here typing with very sensitive and very sore nipples. I have since gone out an gotten waterPROOF not water resistant band-aids.

Painful lesson learned.

Otherwise the run was great and had very little soreness afterward.

No comments:

Post a Comment