Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Kindness of strangers

So, yesterday morning Shelly and I were driving through a Starbuck's and when we pulled up to the window we were told that the car in front of us had paid for our order.  They told the cashier only to ask that we do it for someone else in the future.  How nice and unexpected!  It reminds me of the kindness of everyone who has donated to the ABTA.org for me.  Everyone has had different motivations for giving, but the fact that so many people were willing to support this effort is really wonderful.

Did a 7 mile run this morning and it struck me that this distance is no longer intimidating to me.  I can't believe how far I have come since June 4th in my endurance!  Here's hoping it continues - 12 miler is coming up on Sunday and that IS intimidating to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment