Sunday, August 29, 2010

12 miles going into 50 mile week


My second 12 mile run this morning. It went well in all regards except I got up too late. It got a little warm at the end of the run. I felt good the entire run and wasn't too tired at the end. This is going to be the biggest running week so far at 50 miles total Monday - Sunday. No run this week is under 6 miles. This is the goal that my trainer was shooting for in preparation for the marathon. I will be doing this two more times before the race. It is also time to get some new running shoes and I'm ticked that the style of shoe I've been running in since Christmas is no longer made... stupid shoe companies. Time to head to Solepeppers and Boulder Running Company to see what can work.


Listened to some The Devil Wears Prada yesterday.  Better than I thought it would be... I might get into that band.  I've listened to the new A7X on several runs and I do really like it.  Same with the new Iron Maiden.  The first time through I was a little down on it, but as it has come up on shuffle a few times, I know think it is one of their better overall efforts.  I have delved into more indie stuff lately as well with The Dig and Colour Revolt which is very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment