Saturday, August 28, 2010

Let's get caught up...

A 5 mile slog
I think it is because I have had to get up so early this week to run before work, but I am exhausted. The downside is I still have a 12 mile up coming up on Sunday. My motivation is fine - I'm just super tired. I'm going to have to get used to these early morning runs before school.
I know... suck it up cupcake.

6 mile, 7 mile, and 5 mile
I got a 6 mile run in on Tuesday in the rain. It wasn't too heavy so it was nice to have it be cool temps. The issue on that run was the "code brown" mid-run. Thankfully, the fine City of Longmont planners put a public restroom at mile 3 of my run. Disaster was averted.
The 7 mile run went well, I felt I could have gone farther, but didn't want to push it with my tender ankle.
My 5 mile run wasn't too bad today. I was a little slow, but managed to end strong.
Two big milestones for me... 400 miles of marathon prep complete! 800 miles of running this year!

10 miles today
I needed to get my 10 mile run in and I had to be to work by 7:30... so I ran to work. It was a nice run and my best time on a 10 mile run. I do enjoy running to work, it saves a ton of time. My issue today was that I was so TIRED all day. Not from the run, but from getting up at 5:00 am. I need to start hitting the hay earlier...
Registration day went fine, but a lot of standing on some tired feet! Oh well.

Good news
I went out for a 5 mile run today and did not have much discomfort from my foot. The real test might be how it feels later today, but for now I feel like a dodged a bullet.
School starts back up in earnest this week. I think the big challenge for me will be getting up early enough to get these long runs in before school every morning. I might switch to afternoon runs if the weather cools down, but I never really liked running late in the day.
I am looking forward to teaching again this year and can't wait to get back at it.

Time for a bike ride
The ankle was definitely sore this morning, but no real swelling or bruising. I'm going to try to run tomorrow, but only a 4 or 5 mile run, nit the 10 mile I'm scheduled for. I think I'll see how it goes tomorrow and try to do the long run on Monday.
So, to get my exercise in a went for a bike ride. 17 miles and a flat tire. It was fun to be back on my bike, but even with trying to push my tempo, it isn't nearly the workout that running is.
Here is hoping tomorrow I feel good after running... I think I will.

Good news, bad news
I was in Alamosa on the annual sophomore class trip. The elevation is 7500 feet and I had a 7 miler and two 5 milers to run while we were there. The good news is that I had GREAT runs. The weather was nice and cool, low 50's and upper 40' for my runs, and the altitude didn't have any impact. I found a great trail that runs along the Rio Grande river and went out before 6:00 am each day. I felt great and the kids were amazed that I got up that early and ran that far each day. Well, pride cometh before the fall?
When I got back to school and was putting the bus away, I rolled my right ankle. It hurt a lot and it scarred the crap out of me. After the initial pain and fear wore off, I could put weight on it and walk normally. What a relief... and then after sitting for dinner, it really started to hurt. I'll have to see how it feels in the morning. Wish me luck.

6 miles and updated money
A nice 6 mile run with a 9:14 average pace. I looked at my splits and at one point I ran a 7:38 in mile 4! Wow! I could see that early on one of the downhills, but mile 4? Fun.
I was able to get to the bank and as a result have been able to donate the money to my page. I will be re-setting my goal for $1500. Thanks to everyone who has given to me or to my running partner Tiffany!
Today is my 18th wedding anniversary, and we are off to a nice dinner at Salt... I'll have to run a little faster tomorrow to burn off the calories.

No comments:

Post a Comment