I set my PR at the Bolder Boulder... not that there was much chance I wouldn't since it was only my second time running it. When I was 30 I ran it in 55 minutes and this year at 40 I ran it in 52. I think I could have done better, maybe even a sub 50, but upset stomach and dehydration zapped my energy. Half way through I was just counting the seconds until I was done. My Dad finished 15 seconds ahead of me, which made him happy I'm sure and me too a little bit. I'm competitive, but knowing he is fit enough to still be faster than me is reassuring.
Plantar fasciitis seems to be settling down now. The one really positive thing from that experience is my new found appreciation for stretching. Very important to warm the legs and feet up - an d now I even enjoy it a little.
Started lifting and doing core exercise to try and increase my overall fitness. I also need to reign in my diet too. I think it will be key to be as overall fit as possible going into this race and into my forties.
No comments:
Post a Comment