Monday, June 21, 2010
8 miles and all smiles
I did it! I was worried about it how I would do on an 8 mile run, since I hadn't run that far in ten years. To my delight it wasn't so hard. The first two miles were spent worrying about running so far, but then I got in a groove and focused on my audio book. I felt great when I got home and after a cold bath was ready to go out and do yard work.
This was also my first run with a hydration belt and "eating" a Cliff shot. To my surprise, I enjoyed it and the belt didn't bother me at all. Not sure how much this helps to eat, but my coach said I needed to practice eating and drinking on runs. 450 miles on the year and under 600 to go on my training.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment