Wednesday, June 16, 2010

6 miles

Well, that hurt. Not the distance, but a strain across my quad on my right leg. I'm guessing it is a result of my back injury and changing my stride to compensate. First my back, I crashed on my bike after the Sunrise Stampede - hit a rock I didn't see with the pedal and got thrown. I was going slow enough and was able to roll as I hit the ground. Didn't think I was hurt, but my back did ache the next day. Today my quad felt tight and then downright painful at the end of my run.

I was really afraid of what this might mean for my running schedule, but by mid-day it felt pretty much back to normal. I have spent the evening stretching and icing so I'm hopeful it will all work out by morning. 3 miles tomorrow. Here's to a good nights sleep and getting a good warm-up before I head out to run.

No comments:

Post a Comment