The anticipation of turning 40 was driving my running and my attitude at work. I had hated my job for a few years... I know, many people do. The difference is that I had always enjoyed what I did before I became an Athletic Director for a school. Long hours and incredibly annoying parents just wore me down and killed my enjoyment of my work. I am good at it, not that there is that much to it, but I hated going to work everyday. Much like my trying to regain control over my weight and health - it was time for me to focus on this aspect of my life and turn it around. Too much of my life was being wasted being unhappy.
Friday, March 26, 2010
Turning 40
So, jump ahead a few months... I run everyday. Well, pretty much. A few days off for injuries and a few for weather, but otherwise I try to get out daily. I met my goal of losing 40 before I turned 40 (45 actually) and had a wonderful birthday celebration. We had a ton of people over for a party and friends from Georgia surprised me by flying out for the weekend celebration. My wife had a huge cake made (in the shape of my guitar case). What a great time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment