THIS IS WAY OLD... found it in my drafts and wanted to publish for my record.
Back to the long run week - 50 miles
This is a week of 6 and 7 mile runs capped off with a half-marathon. While it is a busy week for sure, I'm excited about running in a race (haven't done that since the beginning of my training). I feel pretty good about my prospects on the half up in Fort Collins. My unofficial goal would be at 2 hours - I would love to finish under, but I don't think that can happen. I have been running with one orthotic and one normal insole and I think I will go back to both orthotics. I like the feel of the insole until mile 4 or 5 and then my toes start to hurt. Times have been at 10 minute a mile and under... I think I will do better when I'm not getting up at 5:00 am to run. I am so physically tired in the morning, it takes a while to get my engine going. My mile averages get shorter my on mile 4 or 5.
Back to the long run week - 50 miles
This is a week of 6 and 7 mile runs capped off with a half-marathon. While it is a busy week for sure, I'm excited about running in a race (haven't done that since the beginning of my training). I feel pretty good about my prospects on the half up in Fort Collins. My unofficial goal would be at 2 hours - I would love to finish under, but I don't think that can happen. I have been running with one orthotic and one normal insole and I think I will go back to both orthotics. I like the feel of the insole until mile 4 or 5 and then my toes start to hurt. Times have been at 10 minute a mile and under... I think I will do better when I'm not getting up at 5:00 am to run. I am so physically tired in the morning, it takes a while to get my engine going. My mile averages get shorter my on mile 4 or 5.
One month to go...
Exactly a month to go until the marathon. All systems are go. Gearing up for the big two weeks before I tapper leading into the race. I might try going without my orthotic in my left shoe (not the p.f. foot) to see is I like it better. The orthotic doesn't quite fit right, but I of course don't want to screw up my foot this close to the race.
Exactly a month to go until the marathon. All systems are go. Gearing up for the big two weeks before I tapper leading into the race. I might try going without my orthotic in my left shoe (not the p.f. foot) to see is I like it better. The orthotic doesn't quite fit right, but I of course don't want to screw up my foot this close to the race.
Easy week
I have enjoyed this easy week! The schedule has been 3, 4, 6, 3. Nice stuff. I am running in the new shoes and it is nice to have the short mileage week to start breaking them in. I have two weeks of 50 miles each coming after this nice break. Then it is tapper time. I like the new shoes and have really enjoyed my sports massage on my legs! Thank you Mary Ellen!!!
I have enjoyed this easy week! The schedule has been 3, 4, 6, 3. Nice stuff. I am running in the new shoes and it is nice to have the short mileage week to start breaking them in. I have two weeks of 50 miles each coming after this nice break. Then it is tapper time. I like the new shoes and have really enjoyed my sports massage on my legs! Thank you Mary Ellen!!!
14.5 and some new shoes!
Today was the longest run ever. EVER. I was happy with the results - under a 10 minute mile (although barely) and I felt good the entire run. I saw three young deer on the trail, so beautiful and had a word of encouragement from a stranger on a bike. I was very pleased that I my legs felt fine at the end of the run and even now much later in the day I still feel good with little soreness.
I also got new shoes today! I am coming into a much lighter week of running and it is time to switch shoes before the race. I was pleased to find that my current shoe has been redesigned slightly, but still feels as great as ever. I decided to stick with Saucony Omni (now 9 instead of 7) for the race. Looking forward to trying out the new kicks tomorrow morning on my 3 mile recovery run.
Today was the longest run ever. EVER. I was happy with the results - under a 10 minute mile (although barely) and I felt good the entire run. I saw three young deer on the trail, so beautiful and had a word of encouragement from a stranger on a bike. I was very pleased that I my legs felt fine at the end of the run and even now much later in the day I still feel good with little soreness.
I also got new shoes today! I am coming into a much lighter week of running and it is time to switch shoes before the race. I was pleased to find that my current shoe has been redesigned slightly, but still feels as great as ever. I decided to stick with Saucony Omni (now 9 instead of 7) for the race. Looking forward to trying out the new kicks tomorrow morning on my 3 mile recovery run.
A Couple of Sixes
A tough run on Thursday, but an awesome run this morning. I think Thursday might have been a little harder because I had a sports massage on Wednesday night. It was a great massage to loosen up my hamstrings and calves, but it did make my legs tired! This morning though, I felt totally rejuvenated. 9:20 average this morning over 6 miles and a sub 9:00 average for the last mile.
The marathon is really coming up quickly and I am definitely excited and nervous. Making the plane reservation today!
Big run coming up on Sunday... 14 miles to cap off the 50 mile week. Wish me luck.
A tough run on Thursday, but an awesome run this morning. I think Thursday might have been a little harder because I had a sports massage on Wednesday night. It was a great massage to loosen up my hamstrings and calves, but it did make my legs tired! This morning though, I felt totally rejuvenated. 9:20 average this morning over 6 miles and a sub 9:00 average for the last mile.
The marathon is really coming up quickly and I am definitely excited and nervous. Making the plane reservation today!
Big run coming up on Sunday... 14 miles to cap off the 50 mile week. Wish me luck.
7 Miles at 5:30 am
I headed out very early this morning on my 7 mile run. I decided not to run to work today to make my wife less nervous, but that meant getting up early! I was out of bed by 4:40 am and on the road by 5:30. It is DARK at 5:30. That set aside, it was a beautiful run in the moments before daybreak. Today's fun was increased by the return (sort of) of the Two Gomers Run A Marathon podcast. The next challenge for the boys is to run a sub-5 hour marathon. I t was fun to listen to some stories and take my mind off the earliness and the 7 mile distance. Next major distraction? New shoes on Saturday or Sunday.
I headed out very early this morning on my 7 mile run. I decided not to run to work today to make my wife less nervous, but that meant getting up early! I was out of bed by 4:40 am and on the road by 5:30. It is DARK at 5:30. That set aside, it was a beautiful run in the moments before daybreak. Today's fun was increased by the return (sort of) of the Two Gomers Run A Marathon podcast. The next challenge for the boys is to run a sub-5 hour marathon. I t was fun to listen to some stories and take my mind off the earliness and the 7 mile distance. Next major distraction? New shoes on Saturday or Sunday.
No comments:
Post a Comment