Tuesday, September 20, 2011

AZ running

Back out on the road... I have run outside twice and once on a treadmill.  I hated the treadmill and struggled on the first one outside, but today it went much better.  Partly, because I am traveling and I love running in new places.  I feel like you get such great perspectives on the area you visit when you head out to run in the morning.  The trail I ran on had some nice views of the desert, a golf course, and the mountains surrounding Phoenix.  Nice place... except for the politics.

New Thrice record Major/Minor came out today.  I didn't have it downloaded in time for my run this morning, but will run to it tomorrow.  I have had a chance to listen to it once through ad so for I am a HUGE fan.  One of their best efforts.  I was an early fan of Thrice and they really appealed to the metal fan in me.  Their recent albums have been much moodier and more atmospheric.  This album doesn't return to the metal days, but the tempos are up and the musicality really comes through (one of the reasons I liked the earlier music).  Can't wait to see them in Denver next month, they are one of my favorite bands and certainly different than my normal rotation of Killswitch, All That Remains, and good old Iron Maiden.

No comments:

Post a Comment